[ SHOWGSD-L ] Feeding Raw Diet.

  • From: "Evan Ginsburg" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "elg440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 12:47:35 -0400

The biggest danger is the contamination of our food supply. We don't have as
much oversight as people think, and the FDA only does so much.

Commercial dog food companies spend millions on research and because of
liability are very careful to keep problems resolved. I have seen the research
facilities of one of the companies and the staff working on safety. I was
impressed. Unless it is Mad Cow, you seldom see natural foods recalled. Now
they trace every cow from birth to slaughter. But, you still have no way to
know what happens after the cow dies and gets ground and wrapped at the market.

We are now feeding Kierk raw chicken six days a week. We are doing it only
because it keeps his breath clear. We feed commercial dog food the other day
to make sure he gets the vitamins and nutrients he needs. Also, you can get
chicken at 40 cents a pound, and he seems to like it.

It is a personal decision for everyone. I don't trust natural foods, but on the
other hand, there can be problems with commercial dog food as well. I know I
only eat steak tartar if it is deep fried or baked. And, don't get me started
on blow fish.

Evan