[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Famous people who owned GSD

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:09:43 -0800

From<VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx>> For Football fanatics-- Bill Brown of the former famous
Minnesota.  > Vikings<G>I sold him one,and when he and his wife wanted another
one,
I had  stopped > breeding,so referred him to Connie Bissonnette,who sold him
another
one  Helen
I wasn't going to get in this as I figured not many would not  know who Bill
Cartwright
is...but he was a basketball player....coach now I think.   His wife had called
a few
times,
and we had talked quite a bit....and she just referred to herself by her name.
They came on a day when we had a LOT of family here........
When the Mini Van pulled up his tiny wife and two kids got out....and Frank and
our
two
sons and a couple of Grandsons were outside and when I was coming out and we all
watched in fascination as this incredibly tall man unfolded his body out of
that
little van!
I had no idea who he was,  but all the men did.......and when he bent over to
come
into
the kitchen where everyone else was you could hear all the voices hush in awe
as his
heighth.
After the long transaction......Mr. Cartwright carried this big 9 week old
puppy to
the van in
the palm of his hand!!!  <G>.......and he's not one of the really TALL ones!!!
ALL the men and boys  KNEW it was Bill Cartwright......none of us women had a
clue,
all the time we were visiting and talking about puppies...but the men and boys
did
talk
basketball with him a few minutes....I just never thought anything of
it.....men
always
talk sports. <G>  NICE people.........I've been a basketball fan ever
Also sold one to the family of Mr. Lear.......of Lear Jets....thanks to a
referral
from our
own Mr. Dave Fritsche.   Both just wanted nice pets....and brought their
families
and spent time visiting us and the pups.   GREAT HOMES!!!

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com