[ SHOWGSD-L ] FW: FROM ACF (American Canine Foundation)

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <psharp212@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 18:25:42 -0700

I am sending another donation this week.  These people are proactive AND
effective, as opposed to all the other rhetoric-spewing committees and
groups purporting to fight the ARistas, IMHO.
I hope that RALEEF and/or the GSDCA, as a whole, will also contribute their
funds where it appears that it will do the most good for our cause.

ACF rocks!!!

Paula, 180 days and counting

----Original Message Follows----
Legislation
California Alert 3-9-07

FROM ACF (American Canine Foundation)
  CALIFORNIA ALERT

  Once again animal rights strikes in California, we strongly suggest AKC
and
UKC "WAKE UP" ACF has filed a federal lawsuit to stop Mandatory Spay and
Neuter in California and there has been some funding from the Dog Fancy but
not one
cent from AKC or UKC.
  What is the status of ACF's federal lawsuit? One part was dismissed by the
federal court (Ben Sun), without prejudice to file in state court, SF and LA
County are still part of our federal lawsuit and we plan on filing in state
court and we also plan on filing in Washington against King County for their
mandatory spay and neuter law, we are awaiting Tacoma's decisions on their
proposed
legislation.
There is no overpopulation in California, the state spread sheets for the
last ten years - 58 California Counties show the intake population has
decreased
by almost 50%, there are plenty of studies showing mandatory spay and neuter
does not work, its a PETA/HSUS AR agenda thatâ??s pushing the AR legislation
in
California. Anyone believing in that the mandatory spay and neuter laws and
breed specific legislation will not destroy the canine industry, you better
wake
up real fast and get out there to fight to stop it.
ACF will be sending strong statements to the sponsors of AB1634.
Support ACF, we will not pull out of California until we end mandatory spay
and neuter laws, and nobody will control us or stop us.
Send donations to:
ACF
23969 NE State Rte 3
Suite G101