[ SHOWGSD-L ] Eating Hot dessert in the Hot desert

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 06:57:52 -0800 (PST)

I gave a spelling test to my kids Friday and one of the words was
"dessert"...but this post is about picking judges, (maybe we should pick judges
in the desert!)...I always wondered why most folks believe its important for
both judges on a two day show weekend to like the same "type" of dog (what ever
that means)..I've heard that if the judges are not "compatible" (what ever that
means) the entry will be effected negatively.....I don't believe that
either...judging is "subjective" ( and I do know what that
means..lol..).....two good judges can, and often do, pick different dogs on the
same weekend.I have never attended a dog show and agreed 100% with all of the
decisions a judge made, and neither have you!....we all see, think, feel, taste
and hear things differently...our interpretation of situations and events
travel through a "subjective" filter...example:.. if I were to walk across my
front lawn with no clothes on some people might find it entertaining and
funny....some p
 eople
 might call 911...its all subjective interpretation...lol....here is my point
(its about time huh)...there are only two criteria in selecting judges...is the
judge honest, and is the judge knowledgeable...nothing else matters...some
judge are one, but not the other, and some judges are neither..I do my best to
show under judges that are both, you should too!.......FB