[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dogs that kill - NO solution

  • From: Falkrigia@xxxxxxx
  • To: MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 08:58:57 EST

In a message dated 11/15/2005 1:38:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx writes:

> They were bred to fight to kill other DOGS, not people.  One that would turn
>
> on a child or person, isn't a correct dog, the same as our GSDs.

Do you really want dogs out there that are bred to fight and kill
ANYTHING?????
It's a very small step from another 80 pound dog to a 50 pound child. Too
small in my book.
I don't condone specific anti-breed legislation until all else has failed.
Well, it looks like all the politically correct solutions are rather well
failing. And Carolyn is correct. With every mauling and every death, we are
that
much closer to the knee-jerk public reaction and outcry that will ban our GSDs
as
well. If the pitbull fanciers don't have an adequate sense of
self=preservation for their breed and take this bull by the horns and eliminate
the problem
within their breed, we certainly can't do it for them but we'd sure as heck
better be aware of the danger they pose to our own and have a strong sense of
self-preservation as GSD fanciers or we shall all 'hang together' in the
eventual
public solution ot the problem.
lynda

Check out our websites for constantly updated info and pictures
www.falkrigiashepherds.com
www.thecraftywoodchuck.com