[ SHOWGSD-L ] Dogs needing help in Florida!! PLEASE read!!!!

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:25:39 -0700 (PDT)

I recieved an email from Diane regarding these poor souls...I felt that her
words best spoke to their needs and so the following is exerpted from an email
she sent to me. Anyone in the Florida area, please take a moment and read. If
you have a spare kennel, consider fostering one of these deserving dogs!!! You
will be repaid 10 times over
   "Allie & Ginny the two girls in Fort Meyers are being picked up by Gabby
Goern (a GSDCA member) and are going to a boarding kennel AAS Von Tente Kennels
(GSDCA members) at a reduced rate until we can find them forever homes or when
I get back to Fl next Tuesday.  They are doing great and will be posted on our
website later today.  Both girls came out of a 26 dog seizure from a ?rescue?
that was not well run; the dogs were not in very good condition or well feed.
They have now been spayed with the help of a low cost spay & neuter clinic and
been updated on vaccines and heartworm tested negative. "

   "Ekko the black GSD that was taken to the vets to be put to sleep because
the owner did not want to care for him any longer is going to one of my foster
homes where he will get the medicated baths he needs plus his meds and lots of
attention.  Tina has fostered prior and has had GSD?s for many years and
competed in obedience and agility.  Ekko will begin some basic obedience and
which is why his first owner took him to the shelter at 10 months and 75
pounds.  Her comment to me was ?he was too big and did not listen when I told
him things?.  The second owner was the one that had him in a pen in the
backyard.  He is responding well to the antibiotics, flea and then medicated
baths, flea preventative and a good quality food and the attention from the vet
clinic staff.  Once we get the staff and yeast infections cleared up we will
begin the heartworm treatment."
Poor babies! They deserved so much better from their masters!

Please keep them all in your thoughts!

Dawn Restuccia

Dorothy, and no this aint Kansas