[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dog bites to say

  • From: John Lacher <john.lacher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-I@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 09:16:16 -0700

Tiny dogs can do serious injury. In my 20 years as an insurance adjuster
and investigator I never had a dog bite case involving a German Shepherd.

Last month I was assigned a case to conduct an interview concerning an
auto accident investigation. Upon my arrival at the residence I was met by
four Chihuahuas.
I asked the owner to please confine or control her dogs during the
interview. She got mad at me and told me to leave her property. I
immediately called my client (Insurance Company) and told them about the
incident. They refused to pay the claim. Some years back I had a case where
the same breed of dog attacked our insured, jumped up and bite her on the
face. The case went to trial. The dog owner was not insured and probably
would not get a homeowners policy because of the number of dog bite
incidents with the same breed of dog they had had in the past.

On Tuesday, July 21, 2015, Evan Ginsburg <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I don't get what people like about those tiny animals, but there are a lot
of them. Maybe they keep the dust off the floors.

Evan