[ SHOWGSD-L ] Dog attacks

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 21:49:02 EST

I am getting a lot of private mail telling me that my stance  regarding dogs
biting children is too simplistic.  That I need to  consider more facts.

Well, it is very simple to me. The fact is that if one of my dogs  were ever
to bite one of my family members it would be returned or  destroyed.

While I understand that there are many reasons for a dog to possibly bite a
child, ultimately there is NO EXCUSE.

True, some of these kids annoy the dogs beyond what any dogs should stand,
and the parents should probably be shot for not supervising their
child......the  dog may be sick, and should not be bothered....and on and on.

If the people around this animal are so clueless to let this situation get
out of control, chances are it will happen again.  It is only a matter of  time
before animal control seizes the dog and euthanizes it anyway.

There is a movement developing to require people to pass certain test and
get a license in order to get a dog.  This will change the present dog
licensing non sense that most counties have.  I can see the benefits of  this
program.
 Some people shouldn't have dogs, or kids!!!

Yes, there are many explanations, there are many reasons.  But there  is no
excuse.

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Ileana