[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Did anyone notice?

  • From: Doris E <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arcturus@xxxxxxxxxxx, "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 12:57:50 -0800

Susan Tomlinson wrote:

>  I was reading the "dogs and litters registered" page in this months AKC
>Gazette.  With few exceptions most breeds are showing less numbers
>registered (both litters and individual dogs) than a year ago. In fact, at
>the end of the columns where it totals the amounts it is 5,400 dogs less
>than were registered at this time last year. I'm wondering if its really
>that many less dog owners, or is it 5,400 more dogs that were registered
>with one of those other registries like ACA? At $15. per dog to register,
>that comes out to a cool $81,000. and thats not counting what was loss with
>the litter registration. No wonder the AKC is trying to get this Paws bill
>passed with the resulting inspection fee! and this is just one month!!!
>SueT

Sue, this decline in numbers has been going on for some time.  I think
AKC is in a panic.  If they would just get real and lower the cost of
litter registration, particularly for those breeders who wish to
register and name the entire litter, they would probably make money,
instead of making it by making us all hate them with some stupid,
unnecessary inspection. The fees are high not only for breeders, but the
average pet owner won't bother if it is going to cost more money than he
wants to spend.   Doris