[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: DOG FOOD RECALLS HIT HOME :(

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: WITMS@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 15:13:08 EDT

In a message dated 4/21/2007 10:30:15 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
WITMS@xxxxxxx writes:
I  am very fortunate to
have mine home !!! I hope this all ends soon..  Susie

You are lucky and I am too.     I had a  bitch pup that had some of the bad
canned food at 9 weeks while I was in  Canada.   When I left she was a healthy
12 1/2 pound girl....I  came home 11 days  later to a 8.1 lb nothing but bones
who could  not eat and could barely drink.   Her sisters ate the same thing
apparently but not near as much, and for some reason, were not  affected.  The
other girls were a respectable 17 and 18 lbs on  my return.   Rushed my
little "Shade" off to the vets, did blood  tests, xrays etc. She underwent
treatment and I syringe fed her for  almost 4 weeks food that I cooked for her
only.
She is smaller  than the rest now but she is alive and feisty and just hit 20
lbs  yesterday.  My vet said if I wasn't so hard headed, she would not be
alive  (he did say he meant it complimentary after the fact).   She has been a
project let me tell you......for weeks, I fed her every 3  hours, did hydration
at home so she had less stress than being in a  clinic.
Last week she made her debut as on onlooker at the Austin show and  had the
best attitude with everything...nothing shy about her.  A  lovely black sable
who I am so thankful made it.
So in the meantime, I am feeding a food with only domestic  purchased
products in it (and the company had made guarantee's all is  well), and I cook
combo of turkey, hamburg, add eggs and cottage cheese  to it.  Everyone is fine
and well and more than fingers are crossed  for the future for everyone.
Molly

Trillia  German Shepherds since 1974
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont,  Life member CKC
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog  biscuits in your pocket
and then give him only two of  them>>>>Phil  Pastoret