[ SHOWGSD-L ] DNA Convicted dog abuser looking for GSD, Ohio areas

  • From: Karen4paws@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, GSD_Today@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 21:38:19 EST

Here is a posting I got from a fellow rescue. Beware of this woman looking
to buy one of your pups........

I sold a puppy from my B litter to what seemed like an awesome home....  Long
story short... She did work the dog, she did take! the dog to doggy day
care... She seemed perfect even after having the dog. However, behind the
scenes
it was horrible. Animal control took her dogs from her and she was
convicted/pleaded guilty of animal abuse/neglect in Mahonning County Ohio. I
was
fortunate enough that Betty was at doggy day care the day they arrested her and

took the other dogs from her house. A friend who works at the doggy day care
gave her to me. Betty is doing great and luckily didnt seem to show much harm
from her 7 months with this lady. The lady was not allowed to own any animals
for a year, well that year is up and I just heard she is looking for either a
mal or working line GSD to do SchH with.
I seen pictures of her house  that the Animal Control officer showed me. The
conditions were HORRIBLE, I  couldnt believe ANYONE was living there (I am
talking dead animals and feces  everywhere) The ACO said it was infested with
fleas, maggots, etc... Like I  said, she was convicted/plead guilty and it is
on!
file with the Mahonning  county court. Her name is Lydia Mayfield. She puts
on a good front! Says all the  right things. I found out after the fact she had
done this before I sold her a  dog, but obviously I did not know. She was not
convicted that time, not enough  evidence. This time they had more then
enough. She lived in Youngstown at the  time, last I heard she was living in
Columbus area.

I just wanted to let  some people I know in the area beware incase she
contacts you or someone you  know. She has done this before and she will do it
again
I am sure.

Karen Shirk, 4 Paws For Ability, Inc. and 4 Paws GSD Rescue
_www.4pawsforability.org_ (http://www.4pawsforability.org/)
karen4paws@xxxxxxx
253 Dayton Avenue, Xenia, Ohio 45385
937-374-0385  937-602-9448