[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: DM test by DDC

  • From: "Chris S. Kimerer" <tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "klite3gsd@xxxxxxxxx" <klite3gsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 08:23:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Kim

Those stats are actually close to OFA's, with the at risk being lower by 10%,
which is a good thing.

I so agree that using this test as a breeding tool versus an
elimination factor.  As more and more dogs are being tested, AND,
actual accuracy is certain, we can move toward lowering those carrier and at
risk percentages and increase the clear #'s.  I believe we will see the
same results in time, as we have with the OFA stats for H/E #'s.

But it takes time, and totally eliminating dogs right now is not the answer,
but I do think a carrier should be bred to a clear.

Chris

Chris S. (Jolley)  Kimerer
www.tanbarkgsd.com

GrCh. Tanbark's 2MuchBling Joelle Aramist OFA H/E
GrCh. Trotwood's Emerald v Tanbark Joelle Aramist
AOE Sel.Ex.Ch.Carousel Farms Samantha, PT, TC OFA H/E
Ch. CaralonQED JD Drew Bleibtreu, RN OFA H/E
Ch. Cresther's Blast of Kenlyn, HI, CDX, OFA