[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Crufts GSD

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>, "Cathy" <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l GSDList" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 14:50:12 -0500

Their manner of judging is actually very simple...they do have a lot more
classes than we do...and then all the class winners from each sex compete
for the ticket (CC...Challenge Certificate)...it's called going for the
challenge......then the ticket winners (one from each sex go in), just the
two of them, to compete for Best of Breed.
    Champions compete in the classes over there...and not just in Open.  It
is impossible to become a champion without defeating champions along the
way.   Dogs must be awarded 3 CCs from 3 different judges in order to claim
the title of champion...I'm not sure if there are still age requirements,
but i believe a dog must win at least one ticket after a year of age to be
recorded as a champion.  Some dogs get enough tickets while they are under a
year of age but cannot be "real" champions until they get at least one as an
adult.  I believe this is true for all breeds.
   Some years ago the age requirement was proposed here in the
USA........the toy dog people screamed holy hell and the idea was defeated.
Personally I think it's a good thing.

Peggy