[ SHOWGSD-L ] Cold memories

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:17:00 EDT

In a message dated 8/10/2005 5:33:51 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx writes:
That was  in the freezing cold in Lexington......that probably answer  why
entries have gone done...only diehards would come back after  that!

The only heaters were in the bathrooms.  Never have so  many spent so much
time in such a small area. It was crowded in the bathrooms  that day.  Then
someone with brains bought a bunch of those small personal  heat packs.  You
opened them, folded them, and they gave off heat. I  purchased a bunch of them
and
spread them throughout my clothes.  (You  don't need to know where they were).
 If you weren't there, you would have  no idea how cold it got.  We did tour
the horse farms, and saw some  fantastic horses. I got to put my hand on John
Henry who was at the horse park,  where the show was held.

I just found one of the heaters last year.  It was  new and in the pocket of
a jacket I haven't worn in a while, (10  years).

The staff of the AKC was there and they sat at the table on  the floor next
to the ring. I couldn't believe they sat there in suits and dress  clothes,
without acting like they were freezing.  I got to meet them all at  the lunch,
and they pretended to be having a good time.

The last dog cut in Specials was Dealer with Ken Tank.   He went Select
later, but not that year.

Not that there was anything wrong with that.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together