[ SHOWGSD-L ] Christmas from long ago

  • From: "Liane Fossland" <lfossland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Show GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 14:01:50 -0700

There was one Christmas I remember so vividly even though I was a little kid.
Our next door neighbors were the type who always had to have the newest
inventions. Well, short before Christmas they asked us to come and see what
they had proudly purchased. So, my parents, my sister and I (I don't think we
were old enough to go to school yet) walked next door. There, in its beauty was
the tree, prettily decorated with lots of edible cookies, nuts, apples and such
as it was customary in those days. It also had real candles but they were not
supposed to be lit until Christmas Eve.
This tree had a very beautiful stand and low and behold, this stand played
Christmas music and had the tree move slowly on its axle. They had really
outdone themselves. It was so gorgeous. But something went terribly wrong
because the tree started moving faster and faster, things started flying off
the tree, we practically had to duck from these flying objects. By the time the
neighbors were able to stop it from spinning there was nothing left on the tree
except for some tinsel. The lady of the house was in tears, my parents were in
awe, I think I heard them snicker, my mom had pressed her hand to her mouth.
And my sister and I? We almost said in unison: "That was so nice, can you do
that again?" My parents shoved us out the door quickly.
Lee
Liane Fossland
Home of Ch. Donar, Loni,CD, Auburn, Kara Mia and Windy
www.steppenwindgsd.com

EarthLink Revolves Around You.