[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: COLOR ENHANCEMENT

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 17:34:17 -0500

AKC rules don't allow them to be put at the end of the line...they must
be Disqualified and a notation put into the judge's book "Disqualified
for altered appearance"  or something like that...you can find the
pertinent rule in Chapter 11, Section 8, of the booklet of Rules and
Regulations pertaining to AKC dog shows.
    There isn't any proof required...all that is necessary is for the
judge to think a dog has been subjected to a change in appearance.  The
judge may be wrong, but the dog is DQ'd anyway.  After a judge does this
a few times, the "enhanced" dogs don't come in his or her ring with the
enhancements..........it's simple.
    So you make a few people mad...so what?
Peggy