[ SHOWGSD-L ] CANINE GOOD CITIZENSHIP COMMITMENT - VERBATUM

  • From: DaniaKarloff@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 12:34:35 EDT

Guys, guys, guys..... I just completed the CGC last  Saturday.
Here it is the CGC Commitment to Responsible Dow Ownership form that I
signed immediately after the test - verbatim

CANINE GOOD CITIZEN OWNER'S COMMITMENT TO RESPONSIBLE DOG OWNERSHIP

I understand that to truly be a Canine Good Citizen, my dog needs a
responsible owner, I agree to maintain my dog's health, safety, and quality of
life.
By participating in the Canine Good Citizen test, I agree:

I will be responsible for my dog's health needs.   These include:
- routine veterinary care including check-ups and vaccines
- adequate nutrition through proper diet, clean water at all times
- daily exercise and regular bathing and grooming.

I will be responsible for my dog's safety.
- I will properly control my dog by  providing fencing when  appropriate, not
letting my dog run loose, and using a leash in public.
- I will ensure that my dog has some form of identification (which may
include collar tags, tattoos, or microchip ID).

I will not allow my dog to infringe on the rights of  others.
- I will not allow my dog to run loose in the neighborhood.
- I will not allow my dog to be a nuisance to others by barking while in  the
yard, in a hotel room, etc.
- I will pick up and properly dispose of my dog's waste in all public areas
such as on the grounds of hotels, on sidewalks, parks, etc.
- I will pick up and properly dispose of my dog's waste in wilderness  areas,
on hiking trails, campgrounds and in off-leash parks.

I will be responsible for my dog's quality of life.
- I understand that basic training is beneficial to all dogs.
- I will give my dog attention and playtime
- I understand that owning a dog is a commitment in time and caring.

Now guys.... you tell me... what is wrong with this pledge?

Dania - who cannot understand this whole argument