[ SHOWGSD-L ] CA BSL, Boy did I step in it

  • From: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 03:22:22 EDT

Hi List,
Got on my high horse today and called County Supervisor Mike Antonovich's
office.  He has been very vocal in his support of this bill.  I left a message,
never expecting it to go further.  Wrong, got a call from a spokesperson in his
office.  I bent her ear a bit on why this legislation will not work.  And,
why it punishes the responsible breeders/dog owners more than the offenders.
She brought up the recent attack by a Rottie who killed a baby.  I asked her
how
this legislation would stop the family pet incidences.  This dog was a family
pet, neutered and attacked a family member.  (I'm sure there was more to that
story)   Then there is the issue of enforcing it.  If they don't have enough
Animal Control people to deal with things now, how will that work?

Anyway, she asked me if I would speak at a roundtable discussion.  Yikes!
Now what do I do?

I guess the upside is they are willing to listen to the other side?

Laura Thomas
http://www.treasureranchgsds.com/