[ SHOWGSD-L ] Brag and Kudos

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 20:11:56 EDT

Great weekend in Virginia.  Congratulations to Laura Gilbert and her  team,
they put together what almost looked like a mini East Coast National. Lots
of entries, and lots of good sportsmanship, it was a great weekend.

I had the pleasure to have a guest who shows Afghans, he was blown away by
the double handling, says you cant pull that off at an Afghan show, the
dogs  will spook and you will never catch them.  He noticed a couple of dogs
who  were dragging their toes, and we had a really nice visit. I explained to
him  that most judges wont place faulty movement, like lifting and dragging,
and  even if sometimes one will place and even win, it is the exception
rather  than the rule.

Judges had long days and large entries, they must've been so tired at the
end of the day. It was a pleasure to watch Jorge Noya judging again, I've
always  liked his judging.  Still do. <G>. Due to that darn work thing,  we
were not entered on Saturday and that was a shame, the judging was very good.

Our boy, CH Karizmas Cacique of Inquest, also known as DEXTER, got his TC
on Sunday, under the expert Laura Gilbert.  Linda Bankhead needs to
nominated for regular status as Weird Stranger.

Monday DEXTER won Reserve Best Opposite in Maturity, and a ticket to the
dance at the National. Thank You Cindy Bartley.  He was perfectly handled  by
George Berstler.  We have been blessed with good handlers all along
Dexters showing, and our lucky strike continues.

George and Dexter got their act together, and so did Pablo and I with  our
doubling, with Jim's tutelage.  I cant say THANK YOU!! enough to all  the
ring support and all the nice comments from the ring side, it was uplifting
and humbling. It was so nice to see people competing against one another and
yet  clapping for each others dog, the camaraderie and good sportsmanship
were  refreshing.

Iza and her Perfect Puppy, Miss Maddie,  took home Best Opposite Sex  in
Futurity, so you will see us sisters celebrating in OHIO.  Looking  forward to
the National.

Ileana
**************We found the real â??Hotel Californiaâ?? and the â??Seinfeldâ??
(http://www.whereitsat.com/?ncid=emlwenew00000004)