[ SHOWGSD-L ] Bolting down food

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 01:28:25 GMT

Slider eats twice a day (kibble, canned food, with water).  He has alway=
s been a good eater, never wolfed down his meals.  About three weeks ago=
 he started bolting down his food to the point of choking, running aroun=
d like he was having a hard time breathing, and finally vomiting a small=
 portion - maybe a quarter of a cup, before catching his breath.  I trie=
d adding more water to his food and this didn't slow him down much.  I f=
inally put a plastic bottle in his bowl, a tad bigger than 1/3 the size =
of the bowl, and this forced him to eating more slowly.  Can anyone thin=
k of a physical reason why a dog would suddenly alter his eating pattern=
 to this extent?  =

In addition to normal vet bills, I've had three mega vet bills this year=
 (all involving life threatening conditions requiring surgery) and while=
 I don't want to jeopardize his health, I don't want to take him to the =
vet if it's not a physical problem.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Gayle & the Hooligans!
Ringer-Honey-Kelly-Mac-Slider-Bruiser
Waiting at the Bridge:
Andy-Abbey-Tasha-Tex-Echo-Yukon-JR-Too-Niki-Bo