[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Board meeting nationals update

  • From: "pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 20:57:15 GMT

I totally agree, Patty.  =

When in North Carolina, I meant to visit Biltmore, as some of my fore-
bearers were involuntarily involved in it's construction.  I missed =

seeing it though; I ended up spending some spare time with old non-
dog friends in the Durham area.  Hope we get back there again =

someday.  =

When in Perry, I took a day off to visit Andersonville.  How sobering =

and moving was that!!  It is now also a POW/MIA museum and there is =

hardly a dry eye in the place as you walk amongst the exhibits. I =

keep two pieces of the red Georgian clay from that site on my dresser =

to remind me of the sacrifices men have made to ensure our existence =

and freedom in this country.
Twice in St. Louis and I have still not visited the Arch.  =

In Daytona, Evan took some of us to a biker bar and kept me out of a =

confrontation with a rather chauvinistic bartender.  =

I always have good intentions when planning my National trips, but, =

there is never enough time!!  I love traveling to different areas of =

our country.  =

This year, in Fort Collins, I have no plans yet.  I have been up to =

Pike's Peak once, and once is enough in an acrophobic's lifetime!!  =

Not only was I green, so were the hot dogs served up there!  YIKES!!  =

In Louisville many moons ago, we visited a Thoroughbred retirement =

farm, and bought a $5 lifetime membership at the Pink Pussycat Club, =

an all night bar/disco.  1948 Triple Crown winner, Citation, was =

still alive then, but, I missed going to see him at Calumet!!
In a nutshell, I regret what I have missed, but, I treasure what I =

went out of my way to see.  It has all taught me that second chance's =

aren't always available; do what you need to do, don't put up =

barriers.  Life IS too short.

Paula, 77 days and counting

P.S. Michener has drawn me to Colorado, Mexico, Texas, Chesapeake, =

and 2 of my favorite places in the world, so far, the Caribbean and =

Alaska!!  Wasn't he awesome??

From: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 13:36:08 EDT
Subject: Re: Board meeting nationals update

Sally guess it just us being from the midwest...to me Colorado is =

west...I =

drawn the line on midwest with Kansas/missouri border.......and =

Beaumont is =

southwest...but heck these are all new places to visit.
We really loved the nationals when they were in Houston..even went =

and =

visited the coast...
And Ft. Collins we are going out early and taking a mini vacation I =

have =

family in Arvada.  =

One of my favorite books was Centennial so looking forward to =

it..havent been =

there is years. Anyone going to CO for the first time if you have =

time =

Colorado Springs is a great place to see with Pikes Peak.
Maybe our Colorado members could give a list of places to see when =

were at =

the national. And the same from the Beaumont members and the Salt =

Lake members =

of places to see.
 =

Patty Szymczak