[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Birthday Boy

  • From: Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 09:15:44 -0800

The first time I met Boss was last March when we went to visit family in
Berkeley. Carolyn invited us out on our way to Reno, so out we went. My
brother in law brought his sister ( from Trinidad) along and it was only
after we got to Mar Haven that I learned she was terrified of dogs - all
dogs but ESPECIALLY big dogs. I felt awful, but she insisted on getting out
of the vehicle anyway. She sat quietly at the picnic table while we all
chatted, trying very hard not to be noticed and not to be afraid as the dogs
ran around.. I am sure Boss noticed, because he slowly ambled up to her,
dropped his head into her lap and stayed there. She had no choice but to
stroke his great head and I think he enjoyed it as much as she feared it -
but she said nothing and just kept patting him. When we left she was quite
excited as she said that was the best time she had ever had! She loved his
gentleness, she loved his big head in her lap.

That is the kind of dog Boss is.. so very, very cool...

Happy Birthday Boss - and congrats, Carolyn on giving the GSD world such an
exemplary standard to meet..
Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds
http://www.shadowacre.com
Give your dogs the Ultimate in Nutritional Support with BiologicVet Nx
http://www.biologicnr.com/biologicvetnx/
Contact stormygsd@xxxxxxx for breeder program Information