[ SHOWGSD-L ] Because it is Easter

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 14:05:17 EDT

In a message dated 4/11/2009 6:59:47 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dan-ann@xxxxxxxx writes:
How you  do adjust to a breed you will such a short time? Wolfhounds are
about the  same.  I can not imagine loosing dogs that young

I think of this often, each time we lose a great friend, four or two  legged.

Years ago a client of mine lost his 15 year old daughter to a murder, as  she
walked half a block home at five in the evening. I asked him how he
continued, and he reminded me of all the children lost in Viet Nam, sons,
daughters,
brothers and sisters, and now Iraq.

There is no good time to have our breed leave, and no good time to say,  that
lifetime  was enough. We have to trust in the future to provide  another, and
our hearts and minds to accept that for some strange reason we are  still
here, and forced to go through the pain again in the days ahead.

We picked a sport, and a breed that lives but 12 or 13 years if we are
lucky, and then we have to find out way to move on.  It is what makes us  who
we
are, but it doesn't make it easier.

I have been asked, would I rather suffer the pain of the loss, or have that
person or dog, suffer the pain and loss of me leaving them?  This is a
question without an answer.

The only answer I have found is that we do chose to do this, and we do find
in balance, the joy of the German shepherd.  Knowing the continued pain it
brings, we do find the quality of the breed is enough, to offset the  loss.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
steps!