[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Beaucerons

  • From: "pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 04:53:28 GMT

Ev, you know you make me, and others on the list, crazy when you cut-and=
-paste willy-nilly!!   =

My point was that the Black Russian Terrier was too tough for me to deal=
 with now, in my dotage.  The Beaucerons I have been around, and most we=
re from France and were French Ring competitors, were very sound and tru=
stworthy.  Their AKC Standard has a better definition of proper temperam=
ent than does our own GSD standard, IMHO.  The Beauceron breeders I know=
 would never tolerate some of our GSD Champions temperaments.  No Excuse=
s!!  The AKC has nothing to do with the improvement of any breed; that i=
s the job of each breed's PC.  You knew that, though, didn't you?

Paula, not Donna, 260 days and counting, with a fever of 103 degrees and=
 counting, YUK!!   =

From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 21:26:58 EST
Subject:  Beaucerons

This is not a breed to take on without knowing what you are in for. They=
  are =

strong willed, hard headed, and not a smart as a German shepherd, (but w=
hat is?).  There is a large range between the good ones and the bad  one=
s. =

It will be interesting to see if the AKC improves the breed and makes it=
 more uniform.  I sure hope so.
 =

I like the Beaucerons, but I will still stick with the German  shepherds=
.  I am not rotten, just spoiled.
 =

Evan =

Asgard German Shepherds   =

http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come   together  =

 =

In a message dated 2/16/2008 12:13:31 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,  =

pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I would  much rather live=3D
with, and work with, the Beauceron!!  Tough  dog!!

Save for the future with great IRA Funds. Click now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2221/fc/Ioyw6i4uDyYh7zzn0ZUsGNJiC=
NKIlTKl2TIefTmebBoQxiXZCcCaaq/