[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Barking????

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: vomkristallaugen@xxxxxxxxxxx, rhartrid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 14:06:40 EDT

City and county governments set their own animal ordinances.   These
are not 'Legal" professionals and write their 'laws' to suit  themselves.
In my previous address I was informed by the 'Dog Catcher' next door
that he had three anonymous complaints on file and could come and
seize my dogs anytime without notice - even if I wasn't home.  I  had
neighbors who hated dogs and would pound on the fence and shake
shirts over it to get the dogs to bark, then call in a complaint.
BTW - this was during the daytime.  My dogs have always been  brought
in at night, and these dogs WERE trained to be quiet when I was home.
When you have neighbors intent on agitating the dogs into barking so
they can get rid if them, training doesn't 'stick'!

There are enough cases of dogs siezed under this kind of ordinance
that are immediately euthanized that it isn't worth taking a chance.
You can try to sue afterwards, but that won't bring your beloved pets  back
to life!

Janice

In a message dated 8/7/2006 5:30:42 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
vomkristallaugen@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

They  still need PROOF, time/date stamped recordings of these "barking"  sess=
ions. Unless these people are completely anal.... I don't think they  have a=
tape recorder running 24/7 so they can catch the barking. How mant  times w=
ere the police/animal control called about it? When they came down  were the=
dogs excessively barking then?  Other people to "witness"  these barking ra=
mpages. Otherwise like I said it's he said/she said. Yes  I have 3 dogs and =
4 cats, can my neighbors say my house has "odors" or  excessive noise...yes,=
but they also need to prove it. Yes if you are  unprepared you are going to=
loose. You don't NEED a lawyer but prepare  yourself so you know what you'r=
e talking about in there.  Look on  the internet for the laws in your state,=
do some real searching and find  the ordinances for your town/city, and fin=
d out what YOUR rights  are.....not just the complainers rights. The dog own=
ers have rights as  well.  Most of all be prepared and be knowledgeable.  Th=
at's  all I'm gonna say......
Cathleen I sincerely hope this works out for your  friend and her dog. I hop=
e she has enough time to prepare  herself.

Kris Kudel
Kamelot
Shepherds