[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Bada-bing!

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 12:12:07 EDT

Sounds like a lot of us have the same problem!  I have one that's  like
trying to work with a giant jackrabbit - she doesn't care if she's  getting
attention.  She's perfectly happy to run around behind me and get  me
from the back, LOL.    Whatever approach you decide to  take, my best
way of saving my back, arms and clothes was to carry a stainless  steel
bucket when she's running loose.  I can swing it by my side then
across in front or behind so if she jumps she'll hit the bucket.   I'm
not hitting her - she hits it!   I've used that trick on a  few chronic
jumpers, and it really has been a lifesaver until the training kicks
in!   Of course, the key is to make sure she knows you're  just
carrying a bucket and any collision is from her actions - don't
ever TRY to hit her.   In fact, I usually fake surprise   "What
did you do?!!

There is hope - my worst one is two now, and I haven't needed
the bucket for months <G>.

Good luck,

Janice

Barbara wrote:

Okay so my pick puppy bitch is very exuberant, animated and a real  live
wire which all adds up to Great attitude.................HOWEVER,  she
has springs in her hind legs.  Every time she sees me, all she  does is
jump all over me......bada-bing, bada-bing, bada-bing!  She  also jumps
all over the back door and window.  Their run is attached  to the deck.
She runs from one side of the deck to the other and this goes  on all
day, no matter how much attention I give  her.