[ SHOWGSD-L ] BIG BRAG for Strider's newest champion -

  • From: Kay Springer <showgsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 19:17:24 -0700

Thank you, thank you, thank you Gary Szymczak for our newest Champion!

Yesterday at the Diablo Valley German Shepherd Dog Club, Scherzar's
Tapestry II won her American bred class and went on to Winner's Bitch
for her 4th major, finishing her Championship!  To make the win even
sweeter, she was awarded Best of Breed over 5 lovely specials. Our
thanks to judge Gary Szymczak for loving her almost as much as we all
do and recognizing her beautiful type and movement.

As some of you may remember, Toody, previously known as Tootsie, was
owned by Janice Staley and myself.  With Janice's sudden passing,  I
offered her to Dorothy Linn who I have co-owned many champions with.
Dorothy had loved her as a puppy and wanted to buy her but Janice
wanted to keep her so I knew Dorothy would be the right person to get
her.  Dorothy has done a wonderful job conditioning her and getting
her in beautiful shape.  Since Dorothy has co-owned her with me, Toody
has only been shown two weekends and won majors each weekend.

Our thanks to my very good friend, Art Sinclair who recognized Toody's
quality as a very young puppy and has handled her from her first puppy
class.  At yesterday's show, Art had to stay on his Open class winner
so Jerry Guzman took her back in for winners and went Winner's Bitch
with her. Then for Best of Breed competition, both Jerry and Art had
specials so Amy Riley stepped in to show her in Breed and put the Best
of Breed on her.  It was kind of like musical handlers......Toody
never knew who was going to be on the end of the leash!!!!  Thank you
so much to both Jerry and Amy for the wins.  Amy also has taken her in
the winners circle many times, and won with her.  More thanks to
Debbie Hopkins, grey dog Debbie, who stepped in and  took Toody after
Janice passed away while we were deciding where to place her. She was
with Debbie for several months and  during that time Debbie helped
train & condition her and also grooms her to perfection.  So I guess
the saying "Sometimes it takes a village" applies here.

More thanks......

to Bob Ghigleri who gave her the first major from 9-12 (Golden State
GSDC)

to Lee Brown who gave her the second major from 12-18  (GSDF of NorCal)

to Max Thompson who gave her the third major from Am. Bred (GSDC of
Santa Maria)

to Dick Jones, Carlos Navarro, Dr. Gill for her Best Puppy wins and
Karen Hynek for her RWB from 12-18  at the Canadian specialty before
the National.

And to our fellow exhibitors for their support and congratulations on
our new Champion Toody!  Whew! Hope I didn't forget anyone!

Champion* Scherzar's Tapestry II

Sire:    Multi BISS & Multi Group Winning
                 Ch. Rohan's Reward TC, CGC,HT,RE,CDX,CHIC (h,e,h,t) DM Clear
                 aka "Strider"
Dam:     Scherzar's Secret Desire
Breeder: Janice Staley
Owners: Dorothy Linn

* pending AKC confirmation

I am sure Janice is looking down on us with a BIG smile on her face!

Strider and I are doing the happy dance in Northern California!

Kay Springer
www.showboatgsd.com