[ SHOWGSD-L ] BETTER EVERY DAY

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 20:19:10 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 12/9/11 3:39:56 PM Pacific Standard Time,
carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx writes:
However,
quality today is so high it is incredible to see these  dogs assembled at
our national.......so many wonderful
animals in one place  over a three day period.  Our universal goal is the
betterment of the  breed, and

Boy, did this hit home with me.  I have said for years that if we keep
improving the breed, (and what else do we do with each breeding?) eventually
each dog at the national will be Select quality.

I know there was an uproar over Ed giving so many Selects this year. But,
go down the list and tell me which ones were not of a quality that they
could go  Select?

We have improved the breed in great strides. We are not done, but I have at
 my home right now six animals that should finish. Will they?  I doubt it.
But, they are of that quality and I have five puppies for which I have
great  hope.

I entered three bitches in Arizona that could all take the points.  We
ended up not going because Tedi can't walk and I can't breath. But the quality
continues to improve not just with us, but with the breed in general.

I do hope to live long enough to see each dog at the National in Specials
go Select.

IT COULD HAPPEN!

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together