[ SHOWGSD-L ] Ashamed and disappointed

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 12:07:43 -0700

> I've been wondering if the "leaks" from the last private session
> are the whole basis of what's going on.  That would explain the
> anti-trust training that is being required for the Board?
> - Janice

I was wondering how anti-trust laws have anything to do with this
situation of the GSDCA. Anti-trust laws have to do with unfair
business practices, price fixing, monopolies, cartels of advantage,
etc.

We do not set our dues based on the dues of other dog clubs - no
collusion there. We do not require the regional clubs to charge a
certain amount for entry fees. In fact the only thing we do require of
people is that while attending the shows, they smile and have fun,
unless they are grumpy that day.

The issue of anti-trust is the obtaining of a financial advantage in
the market place by manipulations that destroy the free market float
of prices. Am I missing something? We can't even agree on the price of
a pet puppy.

Sign me confused.....
Dave

P.S. If this works, I have several seminars I will sell you!