[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Article on dogs - a partial solution

  • From: BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx
  • To: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx, willowlakegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, castlegsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 23:25:52 EST

In a message dated 11/10/2005 9:11:12 AM Central Standard Time,
PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx writes:
In a message dated 11/10/2005 9:05:03 AM Central Standard Time,
willowlakegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
The folks that own these animal are usually very unreasonable
and will not  be stopped...soooo what is our answer???  I do not have one ..

Your right...there is no answer....at least I cant think of one either.

Patty
Oh there's an answer alright, make those that have these dogs (usually the
gang bangers, drug dealers and those that stage dog fights) pay the price for
what their animals do.  If the dog bites someone, charge the owner with assault
and battery, fine them and put them in jail.  Whatever the crime is that the
animal commits the owner pays.... This is not just a leash law violation we're
talking about here.  They train their dogs or don't as the case may be.  Make
the offense the dog commits the responsibility of the owners, because it most
certainly is.  If they were held accountable, and not the dogs, I think you'd
see some changes.  The police don't punish the guns used in crimes when the
perps utilize them right?  Well why punish their weapon when it happens to be a
dog?  Don't kid yourself, these dogs are NOT pets and they are without a doubt
used as weapons.  They use these dogs to make money in dog fights, protect
their drugs or stolen goods and to project a so called macho image within their
gangs.   The real problem is having laws in place to address this problem.
It's hard to legislate for one problem area (as in my example) and not be
discriminatory. The saddest part of this is the dogs are usually beyond repair
because of the treatment they've received during their almost always short life
spans.  Just my thoughts on it.
Regards,
Pat