[ SHOWGSD-L ] And the living is easy

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: israelfriedberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 18:29:18 EDT

In a message dated 5/10/10 3:16:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
israelfriedberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Ask Evan  how much he respects the opinions of
all-breed judges.  There is a  reason for his opinion

Let me be perfectly clear, (to quote that great president who resigned,
Richard Nixon), I respect all judges. They are always right on the day and at
the time they so state.

I have a good friend who became a judge. I had breakfast with him a couple
of weeks later and asked how he liked it?

He said, "a couple of weeks ago when I told you something, you often told
me I was full of shit. Now, when I say it, it's the law."

I most often prefer to show under a judge who has spend his or her life
with our breed, a specialty judge. I have seen a number of all-breed judges
who  know a good shepherd, but not in the majority. If you have a spectacular
dog,  like Sam's or Paula's, almost any judge will find them.  But, there
are  some instances where a judge has gotten the shepherd to judge, just so
they can  do the groups.

I don't find the sheperd people any different from the all-breed people,
most of the time they are the same individuals. I know when I judge ARBA, I
have  to judge 240 breeds. Do I know the standards?  I will take the 5th on
that.  But, I sure can find a good dog, if I have a spectacular one.

I have to admire those who take a good dog to the all-breed ring. They show
 the people what a shepherd is supposed to look like, and Jimmie started it
with  Manhatten.  Paula is doing a lot for us by letting people who were
used to  seeing less, learn what more is.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together