[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Amy's "lotto"

  • From: BJBuie@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 22:10:14 EDT

How cool for Amy to receive this documentation of the GS history.  When I
returned to the Shepherd and show world 5 years ago, I was fortunate to be able
to purchase Janet Wiseman's Review collection which took me back to 1955 and
filled in all the years of my hiatus from 1978 to 2000.  I had kept my Red
Books
and have been able to find most editions that came out during my time away.
I only need a handful of year's to have a complete set.
This said, if anyone has any Reviews prior to 1955 or Red Books they would
like to sell, I would be interested in acquiring them and taking my collection
back as far as possible.  They are valuable reference materials for students of
the breed.  There are already provisions in my will for some noted GS people
to take possession of my GS collection including Reviews, Redbooks,
Quarterlies, other books, bookends, art, etc., to sell to benefit health
research for
our dogs.

Betty Johnson
Tintagel