[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ameteur Futurity-Southwest Point of View

  • From: "Brenda Shepard" <tashina1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Scharo777@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 11:39:37 -0700

I think these will be concerns that could potentially be a problem....
Please everyone
I am not trying to start a feud. This is just food for thought.

* We will consider that if the same dog and bitch is entered in both venues
(Regular & Amateur)
   and wins one venue it cannot compete in the other venue.

This may cause for a loss of entries: As I recall only the regular fut/mat
offers points
to the sire & dam. Where the amt. does not.
Also if it is a different judge then this should not matter. That would be
almost like
saying well your dog went BIS today so you can not show tomorrow.

* We will bring to the Board the idea of allowing Regular Futurity/Maturity
entries to be entered in two
  different Regions but only shown in one. (Thus Bitches that loose coat due
to coming in or that are
  in Season can be shown in the one in which they look the best).

Just my thoughts... Most people know approx. when they can expect their
bitches to blow coat.
I personally do not know one person that has not shown their bitch because
she is in season.

Also with the fact that entries are due so early, people may not want to
send in 2 entry fee's just to
loose one. This could also apply for both of the reasons above.

Most people I know enter the fut/mat under the judge that they think would
be
best for their dog/bitch

But I may be wrong.

Brenda Shepard