[ SHOWGSD-L ] Amazing animals

  • From: "Marie Hicks" <hightor@xxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 11:41:47 -0800

Here I am almost 80 and these dogs continue to amaze me.  We visited friends
with Christmas gifts yesterday and as usual Skye went with us.  Our first
stop was a home where one of my kids (a Georgie and Boss breeding) lived.
Cecelia also had a rescue male.  Well she locked him up but when Skye and
"Precious" ( sorry Carolyn but that's what she calls this big all black
male) came out these two males got along fine.  They knew they were family.
Skye is truly aloof and takes his time accepting folks. Cecelia tried to
give him a treat but he refused.  I gave it to him and he took it and ate it
and evidently liked it because he immediately went to Cecelia and gave her
his paw...right!! he wanted another treat.  We were there for some time and
the boys were fine with one another.  At our 2nd stop our friends have a
Chihuahua they rescued.  Ellie was always nasty but with all the TLC she's
been given she not only greeted us but crawled into our laps for cuddling.
We left Skye in the car because she thinks she is a Tiger and attacks all
other animals.  I think beyond seeing our friends we enjoyed the animals so
much especially when they oped their presents ansd ahowed their joy.
.MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL.
Marie K. Hicks
Hightor German Shepherds
Acton, CA
www.geocities.com/hightorgsd