[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Adoptions at Petco

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: murk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 15:19:14 EDT

In a message dated 9/7/2009 2:19:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
murk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
. I have  helped with many adoptions at the Mall here also, people don 't
go in the Mall  to buy the supplies. To my knowledge there isn't any adoption
booklet given  when I have helped, nor are all the stores as active as the
one you use. Sure  don't have a problem with them making a buck
either...........Mo

You may want to suggest to the groups you assist to check out Petco next
time, if you have one close to you.  If nothing else, they will gain  another
venue for adoptions. I don't recall Petsmart given booklets, or coupons  or
discounts, but Petco does, and at least around here, they go out of their
way  to help the rescue groups.  We do prefer to work with Petco than
Petsmart  or Concord Pet. Petland doesn't support adoption clinics, at this
time,
like for  the last 3 years <G>

The only pet stores I've ever seen at a mall cater to very high end
clients, with exorbitant charges for their pet supplies, dog cookies at $20 per

pound, $175 for Coach collars, etc.  My dogs usually chew or  break their
collars, that's why they never wear collars at home  anymore. ......I don't
think I have spent $175 in all my collars  ever.....LOL...

Ileana