[ SHOWGSD-L ] AWARDS

  • From: "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 09:41:50 -0400
On 16 Oct 2013, at 7:29, myjoygs@xxxxxxx wrote:

Thats my feeling, if its an AKC registered GSD then give it the title it
deserves.  Its not conformation its performance, one is judged on correct
conformation and the other on brains, intelligence.  If in obedience the
dog had an incorrect bite would it be DQ'd?

<REPLY>

AKC registered means the dog is not an ILP/PAL - they are listed, not
registered because they
do not have a known pedigree.  They can be mixed breeds that look like GSDs but
aren't

They are elligible for all performance awards given by the AKC

However, we have elite awards that have always had requirements - these Parent
Club awards
were started to encourage CONFORMATION dogs to compete in Performance.

If we remove the PC requirements - must be a parent club member, not have a DQ
and be of
known pedigree, then the awards simply duplicate the AKC awards already given
in performance.

We give out awards for Rescue dogs in performane that do not require PC
membership.

Doc Zoe
http://wynsumgsd.com