[ SHOWGSD-L ] AKC donates equipment/more for Santa Barbara Fire/more

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 16:14:28 -0700

** PERMISSION TO CROSS POST**

I just wanted to share with fellow locals some wonderful news.

The American Kennel Club working with Bob Miller of Channel City
Kennel Club and Jill Beniak and myself, Diane Jones are purchasing
items for donation to the Santa Barbara Humane Society to help with
their increased need as they support animals and their owners impacted
the the Jesusita fire. We have made purchases at Lemo's stores in
Goleta and Solvang that Lemo's will be delivering to the Santa Barbara
Humane Society.

Lemo's has GENEROUSLY offered all individuals and organizations who
are donating to the Santa Barbara Humane Society a 25% discount if
they allow Lemo's to make the delivery of the product. Additionally if
you are evacuated by the fire and need items you too will get a
discount at Lemo's on those items you need- just tell them you are
evacuated.
http://www.lemospet.com/locator.html

So far the American Kennel Club donation has been around $1400 worth
of product from Lemo's in addition to what the AKC is sending directly
to the Humane Society (exercise pens).  Bob has arranged the shipment
of ex pens from the AKC to the Humane Society to help them help our
cities evacuated animals who can't be with their owners.  Additional
items will be purchased in the next few days based on the Humane
Society's needs.

I am grateful to the American Kennel Club for assisting the animals in
need in our County.

Please those who are customers of Lemo's thank them for this discount
and assistance to our humane society and if you can't make it to the
Santa Barbara Humane Society and have a donation to make they will
also take that through their register and make sure it gets to the
Santa Barbara Humane Society.

Thank you to Stephanie Smith and Lisa Peterson from the American
Kennel Club for offering your assistance to our County in our time of
need.

D. Jones
CCKCDCC@xxxxxxxxx
Member:
Channel City Kennel Club
Dachshund Club of California
Dachshund Club of America

Stormy Hope
www.carpoc.org
AKC Legislative Liaison, GSDCA
Sunshine Squad <showgsd.org/sunshine.html)
GSDs and more