[ SHOWGSD-L ] AB 1634 Amended

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 10:48:54 -0700

The amended version of the bill was posted on Wednesday. It's equally as deadly
but perhaps even more vague. When you fax or email the committee members you
should stress the following:
1. Still an unfunded mandate.
2. Does not regulate the cost for an "intact permit" and leaves the amount of
the fee to individual ACO's.
3. They still don't address working dogs in the farm industry. Point- Many
Border Collies are not registered with any Registry yet remain some of the most
essential players in running a farm or ranch.
4. They've discontinued ALL of the Registries they had in the previous bill and
now leave it to the local jurisdiiction on who shall decide what breeds would
qualify for an "intact permit".
5. Qualiftying for a permit remains virtually impossible for most. 4 month old
dogs may NOT compete for titles until 6 months of age.
6. 1634 would effectively be the "death knell" for dog and cat shows ( a
billion $ industry in the state) in California. Exhibitors would be hit for a
registration or license fee plus an intact fee that would run between $100 and
$150 dollars per dog per year. Those fees will cause the majority of hobby
exhibitors to simply quit and when they do it will adversely affect jobs and
the economy in the state.
7. There is no mention of education in 1634. The bill is strictly punative
towards the most responsible of CA citizens who already obey existing laws
while the irresponsible pet owners pay NO attention to existing laws or will to
1634.

I will list the email and fax numbers of all of the committee members save Bill
Maze who we know will vote against 1634. We must do all we can to stop this
from getting outta committee so your 1st sentence should read something like
this.

"I write in continued opposition to AB 1634 amended (Levine) and urge a NO vote
in committee on April 24, 2007.

Send your requests to be listed as opposed to AB 1634 to Tracy Rhine (listed
below) and make sure it's on letterhead@

We have a chance folks...we have a chance. Paul

Assemblymember.Eng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Assemblymember.emmerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Assemblymember.Bass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Assemblymember.Carter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Assemblymember.Hayashi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Assemblymember.Hernandez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Assemblymember.Shirley.Horton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Assemblymember.Price@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Assemblymember.torrico@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Assembly Business and Professions Committee
ATTN: Tracy Rhine, Committee Consultant
1020 N Street, Room 124
Sacramento, CA 94249
FAX: (916) 319-3306

Business and Professions Committee Members:
Assembly Republican Policy Consultant
Business and Professions Committee
Ted Blanchard
1020 N Street (LOB), Suite 400