[ SHOWGSD-L ] A glass more than half full

  • From: "Evan Ginsburg" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "elg440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 10:38:01 -0400

OK - I'm done. I am tired of talking about how the PC is failing in its primary
goal of promoting and improving the breed.

Ruth brings up some good points. But, in the end, we look at the results. We
are always in the top three breeds in popularity. You seldom meet anyone who
doesn't tell you about the dog they used to have, or the shepherd they loved
when they were young.

At the National, the quality is spectacular. As I said when I announced the
Parade of Greats, if you think the breed is going down hill, you need to look
at what was in the ring.

Yes, there is room for improvement. But, the board works hard for no reward.
They give the best they can, to be argued with and blamed for any little thing
we don't like.

I have been doing this for over 45 years now. The breed is stronger, has better
temperament, the shows are as much fun as ever, and my friends are as
interesting and intelligent as they ever were. Yes, some have left us, and
their memories, as with the memories of our dogs, remain to make us stronger.

Look at what the breed is, not what it is not. We are one of the most popular
breeds in the world, and that has not changed.

Some one is doing something right.

Evan