[ SHOWGSD-L ] A Very Special Brag

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 16:39:45 -0400

On Saturday, in hot, hot, hot Virginia, our boy, Wellborn-Allemande's Behind
Blue Eyes AKA "Moonie," finished by going WD for a 4-point major!!!  Our thanks
go out to judge Jamie Walker for appreciating our boy.  We would also like to
thank the other judges who put up Mr. Moonie.  Moonie finished very quickly
with 2 majors and a Group 2 from the AB ring and 2 majors from the Specialty
ring.

I have tears in my eyes as I write this because, one year ago, Kim and I
"rescued" Moonie from a neglectful home.  He was in such poor condition that we
weren't sure he would recover.  Now Moonie is a big, bold and beautiful dog who
is an AKC Champion of Record!  He has the pure spirit of a good German Shepherd
Dog and came through a horrible ordeal with his incredible temperament intact.
On Sunday in VA, Moonie demonstrated this by passing the GSDCA Temperament Test
with flying colors!  Given Moonie's background, I think the old adage, "You
can't keep a good dog down," is very apropos.

Moonie was bred by Kim and myself, and is co-owned with Donna Calabrese.  Many
thanks to Donna for the love and care she has given Moonie.  We could not ask
for a better co-owner!  Our VERY SPECIAL thanks go out to Moonie's exclusive
handler and "girlfriend," Olivia Calabrese!!!  Liv did a marvelous job with
Moonie from start to finish.

Finally, we would like to thank the members of the Eastern Virginia and
Northern Virginia clubs for all the hard work they did in putting on two great
Specialty shows and the Futurity/Maturity.  Also, a big "thank you" to Donna
Calabrese, social director extraordinaire, for coordinating the fun and yummy
get-together on Sunday night.

Now on to herding...

PaulETTE McGuirt and Kim Moseley, GSDCA Members
Wellborn-Allemande German Shepherds
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam