[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A NEED TO KNOW THE WHOLE STORY

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:52:16 -0500

I appreciate your post, Evan.  However, seeing how your message was posted to
"give the other side of the story," I would appreciate certain "gray" areas
being elaborated upon...
For example, you mention that Margy is only doing what she must do in order to
"protect herself."  From what *exactly* is she trying to protect herself?

You also stated that Margy brought suit against only those board members "who
attacked her."  In what way was she attacked?

Another thing that's not clear to me...  You said that "I was asked by
her[Margy] at a national a couple of years ago that she  would drop everything,
if the individuals would just leave her alone."  Are these individuals the
Board Members who Margy attempted to sue?  Are they "not leaving her alone" by
filing counter suits?  Or, are they harassing her in another way?  If so, how
are they harassing her?

One last thing...  You say that "Margy never wanted to sue the club, and only
did so to protect  herself.  She is not asking for any recovery from the club."
 If Margy is not asking for any recovery from the Club, then for what is she
asking?

Please know that I am not passing judgment on either "side" by asking these
questions.  I just want to understand what this unfortunate mess is really
about.  However, I will admit that I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around
the possibility that the Parent Club/Board Members acted in such a heinous
manner as to cause an individual to file a lawsuit against the Club and certain
Board Members.  It's a DOG CLUB, for Pete's sake!  Aren't we, The Club,
supposed to be all about the welfare and promotion of the German Shepherd Dog?
Not lawsuits.

Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member
Wellborn-Allemande German Shepherds
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam