[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A Mystery

  • From: "Harlowe Jahelka" <hcj2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 00:39:04 -0600

>I think dogs can and do pick up on things that are
> beyond human comprehension. Wherever I am at home, my
> dog is always there, and watching my every move. I do
> believe it is Mental Telepathy!
>
> JMO,
> Dawn

I sent my police dog Tuffy into the Firestone Tire storage building in the
City of Commerce. This building is about two blocks long and one block wide.
The silent alarm showed someone moving around inside. With ADT  I opened the
door.... outside air was sucked in through the open door.
, not blowing out. I announced on my car speaker " Los Angeles Sheriffs
Department come out or a police dog will be sent in, if the police dog is
sent in you will be bitten" NO RESPONSE.

Tuffy was sent in with the wind at his back. He ran for about 100 feet made
a right turn for about 50 feet  and jumped up about 5-6 feet onto a pallet
full of tires and burglar. The burglar was booked into LA General Hospital
Jail ward.

 How did Tuffy find him ? I have no clue. There was no chance for scent
drift or trailing, was it breathing sounds, aura or what? Your guess is as
good as mine.

Harlowe Jahelka (Sgt. retired LA County Sheriff Dept K9)
Belleterre GSDs and Brussels Griffons
Monterey, TN