[ SHOWGSD-L ] 39 dogs seized

  • From: gsdwindborne@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 21:56:12 -0600 (CST)

I saw this story posted on my facebook page this morning,as I have been
following Pet-lawdigest@xxxxxxxxx,very closely for the last 4 yrs.,since the
local Humane started to require breeders in my area to do so,along with their
lovely fee for this,I wanted to be prepared,the wonderful people on
Pet-law,have given very good advice,and stay on top of all the breeder raids/
confiscations.After reading this story,I recognized the same M/O,feces
laden,too thin,failure to provide sustenance,abuse Blah!Blah!I went over every
picture,video very closely,I like all of you,saw no feces ridden dogs,or
emaciated dogs,etc.,also agreed the house could have been cleaner,but it was an
old  farm house being remodeled,which someone opted to use as a kennel,to bring
the dogs in from outside facilities,because of the cold.So in jest,she was
damned if she did,and damned if she didn't,another border Collie breeder in NY
just had their dogs confiscated,for keeping them outdoors in doghouses,with
heated waterers.Yes,many,many times without due process.take a little time,and
investigate Eric Pack Ethic Bellows,several pictures of him kicking in doors,to
Rescue,after firing up his following on his facebook page,where people post
about what they are going to do to the breeders,AR'S behaving badly,ck. their
facebook page.I implore everyone of my fellow GSD people to educate yourself on
the AR Nuts,including the SPCA!They are now lurking around every corner,and
this is beginning to happen way to often.Also as far as food&water several GSD
people have dogs that have way to high of a food drive level to leave out food
24-7,such as some of our show animals,or hard work lines,and it is recommended
by Purdue university research program,on Bloat&Torsin,not to give large amounts
of water in conjunction with large amounts of kibble,better in smaller
increments.Being of high quality German Showline,with good drive levels,I am
sure these dogs could not have food&water laying around 24-7,but not one i saw
looked,emaciated,sick,or drought.Unfortunately,when this did appear on facebook
this morning,several GSD people jumped on it,slamming,wanting to abuse this
breeder/owner,it embaressed me, that some people from my breed would be so
narrow minded,quick to pass judgement, and not do any research,much the same as
any of the AR fanatics I have been reading about.sorry this was so long,but
fear impending doom for many breeders,and our fancy included.On a better note a
huge congratulations to "Fritz",his owners,and handler "Scotty" for such a
beautiful representation in the Herding Group tonight,Group#3!

http://showgsd.org/mail.html