[Shadowdancer] Chopped Liver

  • From: Ian Hewins <hewman100@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: shadowdancer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:15:56 +0100 (BST)

Chopped Liver

by Lieutenant Christopher Kitson and Admiral Eleanor McCarthey

Note: This log takes place before 'The Arrangement'

"Message coming through on your secure channel Mr.Kitson."

"Thanks 'Dancer. Put it through."

Sitting back in his quarters Christopher punched the button on his console to
show he was ready to receive. A small blonde in Ops gold filled the screen, "
Standby by for Rear Admiral McCarthey."

He grunted. Must be my replacement

The familiar voice brought him round. " Ah Lieutenant. I notice I haven't
received a report from you regarding the Ferengi incident yet."

"Not much to tell really Ma'am. Captain got duped. Crewmember kidnapped. Usual
Ferengi double-dealing. Captain got fleeced. Crewmember returned unharmed."

Her smile went a little way towards restoring his mood. " Thought so. Our
intrepid Mr. Farris still trying to do everything on his own then. I understand
you're about to embark on a little convoy work for the 'fleet." Her eyes
flashed a warning. "Why did I have to hear this from the Officer Commanding,
Starbase 219?"

This revelation shocked him enough that he spilled his tea. "Excuse me Admiral?"

" I quote 'Fleet Auxiliary Shadowdancer has been added to the amended list of
ships participating in Convoy Stardust departing Starbase 219.'

He felt the anger welling in the pit of his stomach. "First I've heard Ma'am.
What am I? Liaison or Chopped liver?" He managed through gritted teeth.

" Calm down Christopher, and drink your tea. It appears you are not being
utilised in the manner that was agreed when your posting was arranged. It seems
that someone might need to remind Captain Farris he is not to play around with
the terms of our agreement. After the initial contact with the Convoy Commander
it will be made clear to him that his Starfleet Liaison Officer is required to
be present throughout all communications during this stint of convoy duty. He
may not like it but this is the reason you are there, as a go-between."