[sfordnews] Superintendent Search

  • From: "John S. Grispon" <discog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Limerick Spring-Ford list list <LIM-SF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <LIM-SF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, New List <sfordnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kathleen Bryant <kpBINDEP@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 07:39:53 -0400

No new job for Chambersburg's Padasak

By BRIAN HALL Staff writer

Click photo to enlarge

Padasak
As it turns out, Chambersburg Area School District superintendent Dr. Joseph
Padasak isn't going anywhere.

Padasak, who was courted by Spring-Ford School District for several weeks, had
been the finalist for the position.

"After exploring another career opportunity, I have decided to remain in
Chambersburg and continue to lead this fine district," said Padasak in a
statement after Wednesday's school board meeting. "I look forward to continuing
our progress and interaction with students, staff and members of the
Chambersburg community."

Spring-Ford school board president Joe Ciresi said Wednesday the board could
not come to an agreement with any of its candidates at this time, including
Padasak. The district will continue its search, Ciresi said.

Spring-Ford had sent a copy of a contract proposal to Padasak on April 21. The
proposal was one of the major hurdles in negotiations.

"My promise to this community is to never be a lame duck," said Padasak. "I'm
re-energized and ready to move CASD to the next level."

Padasak said there's plenty of room to grow and build the district in the
coming years.

The district will transition next year from a middle school and junior high
system into a two-middle school system.

Padasak said he'd like to see the district reach its goals for the ninth-grade
academy at CASHS. The district plans to increase use of technology for all
students, including cyber education offerings.

In addition,

construction of the Career Magnet School wing at the Franklin County Career and
Technology Center will begin in June.
Padasak also said the district will focus on continuing its early childhood
initiative for literacy, math, social studies and science.

"We're in transition basically as a district," said Padasak. "The board's
transitioning -- three new board members are coming on. It's time to go to the
next level. We have the building of the tech center over the next two years.
We're going to a two middle school program. There's the start of the cyber
school. We want to go to an international baccalaureate program."

Padasak had been contacted about the position by a "head hunter" over a month
ago. Spring-Ford is located about 35 minutes from Padasak's home in Berks
County, he said.

Padasak first had a phone interview with a search consultant and the consultant
invited Padasak out to Spring-Ford for a face-to-face interview. Padasak
traveled east during the week of March 21. A week later, three members of the
Spring-Ford board came to Chambersburg and spoke with Padasak and staff.

Spring-Ford told Padasak on April 1 that he was a finalist for the job. It
announced a planned visit and public meeting for April 6. Padasak met with
members of the school district and answered questions from the community at the
meeting.

"I got a minimum of six to eight years before I'm finishing up here," said
Padasak.

Padasak makes about $145,000 a year, according to Sylvia Rockwood, director of
human resources. He was the first candidate to meet with the Spring-Ford
community.

------------

Brian Hall can be reached at 262-4811 or bkhall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Print    Email     Font ResizeReturn to Top
POST YOUR COMMENTS:
Read all 15 comments »
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read
the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such
terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.

Most Viewed
Most E-Mailed
(From the last 12 hours)
Four arrested in Chambersburg drug bust
Police release some information about major crash
Some Franklin County residents: Obama's birth certificate issues...
No new job for Chambersburg's Padasak
Franklin County area police log
Franklin County in tornado watch area
Teens arrested in Chambersburg library burglaries
Franklin County divorce decrees
Franklin County area police log
Franklin County court sentences
News

Some Franklin County residents: Obama's birth certificate issues take away from
real problems
WWII vet to be interred in Arlington
No new job for Chambersburg's Padasak
Open house set for Chambersburg Area Senior High School

 Jobs

DIRECTOR Washington
JOB OPPORTUNITIES!!
Sales Rep