[sfordnews] Report: Pilots, crew in fistfight at 30,000 feet

  • From: Alan T <steps123@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sfordnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 14:14:40 -0400

Report: Pilots, crew in fistfight at 30,000 feet
Air India has grounded four crew members after reports that they engaged in a
fistfight at 30,000 feet above sea level, the Times of India reported on Monday.
India’s main airlines authority, the Directorate General of Civil Aviation, has
also ordered a probe, the paper said.
"The airline didn't even inform us of this incident in time. We're going to
summon the crew members on Monday. This incident is shocking and we may need to
take exemplary action,” an official said.
The Airbus A-320 was flying over Pakistan, en route to New Delhi , from Sharjah
when passengers witnessed the fight between two members of the cabin crew and
two of the pilots.
According to the report, the cabin crew alleged that one of the female crew was
molested by a pilot, which led to fighting in both the cockpit and the cabin.
The pilots, for their part, accused a male worker of misconduct that
compromised flight safety, and said that the molestation claim was aimed to
protect him.
Neither party has denied that blows were exchanged on board the plane, which
was carrying 106 passengers.
Sources told the Times of India that the female cabin crew member and the
co-pilot sustained bruises.
The police are investigating the woman's complaint.
"There are several eyewitnesses and we are recording their statements," a
spokesman said.

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me