[SFCC] SFCC: Office 2013

  • From: Anita Howard <arh1967@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sfcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 15:43:06 -0700

I received this interesting email from a member, who gives her permission
to pass the info on to the membership:

After a wretched 4-5 days of endless computer problems, I'm happy to report
that I am now up and running again. Today, a Microsoft engineer actually
worked on the problem for me for more than 2 hours. We ended up
uninstalling Office 2013 and reinstalling 2010 and then repairing any
number of issues that he acknowledged were caused by Office 2013 making
changes to drivers in my computer. The printer was the most obvious, but
not the only victim. The engineer acknowledged that Office 2013 is
"experimental" though nothing is said in the various offers to buy. My
advice to any and all of my friends would be to STAY AWAY from OFFICE 2013
for some time to come. If you think it is appropriate, would you share this
info your friend Anita and other members of the Sunflower Computer Club.

It is worth noting that I did successfully install Office 2013 on my laptop
(did both at the same time - like an idiot) so not everyone who installs
2013 is going to experience their computer melting down. But since there is
no way to know in advance who will have major problems and who won't, in my
book it is not worth the risk.

--
Anita Howard
www.sunflowermacgirl.blogspot.com