[SFCC] Help Needed at Tohono Chul

  • From: "Buzz Brooks" <buzzbro@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Buzz Brooks" <buzzbro@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 12:42:46 -0700

I mentioned this at the meeting yesterday but wanted to put the request out
to all of the SFCC members.  Here is the request from Carolyn LaPotin.
Contact her directly if you are interested.

Thanks,

Buzz

July 20, 2011

Buzz:

I'm looking for at least one person who would be willing to help me on an
on-going basis in a volunteer role for Tohono Chul Park.  We will be working
with Marcia Ring, Director of Marketing and Communication, in sending
monthly Park-approved information about upcoming events to a variety of
local sources for publication on their websites and/or printed media.  In
many cases this involves entering information into a form provided by each
website.

.

The job can be done from any computer that has access to the Internet.
Having access to Excel is a plus though one does not need much Excel
expertise. (Some of the information we will work with is on an Excel spread
sheet.)  Some of the information about events will be provided to us as an
email attachment - typically a Word document.

We would work as a team and cover for one another when the other person is
busy or out of town. It is important that information be sent out monthly.
While this project is new, the best guestimate is that the project would
take 2-3 hours for each of two volunteers each month.  There are some
deadlines that we would need to meet - e.g. some sites require information
to be submitted by the 10th of the month for publication the following
month.

If you are interested and/or would like more information please contact
Carolyn LaPotin at 572-2216.

Thanks.

Buzz Brooks

buzzbro@xxxxxxxxxxx