[SEYSA] FW: Invitation to CUHKCAS Annual Youth Conference "Reflections" 2012

  • From: "Sir Edward Youde Scholars Association" <mailbox@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <seysa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 17:41:16 +0800

This is a message from Sir Edward Youde Scholars Association.

Dear Youders and friends,

Invitation to CUHKCAS Annual Youth Conference "Reflections" 2012

As a supporting organisation of this Youth Conference organised by
University of Cambridge Hong Kong and China Affairs Society (CUHKCAS), Sir
Edward Youde Scholars Association (SEYSA) cordially invites you to a
platform for discussion and reflection on Hong Kong's identity and its role
under China’s rapid development in the years to come.

The conference will be held at The University of Hong Kong on 18th August,
2012 from 9:30am to 6:00pm. The theme of this year will be “Hong Kong’s
Integration with China: Looking Back, Thinking Forward再思中港融合前望共進之
路”.

reflections_poster12v2a.jpg

Rundown and Featured Speakers:

Time

Topic

Speaker

10:00am-10:30am

Registration

10:30am-11:00am

Opening Address

Dr Hon. Sir David Li (李國寶) , GBM, GBS, OBE, JP
Chairman and CEO of Bank of East Asia

11:00am-12:00pm

Keynote Address (Economic) + Q&A session

Mr. Franklin Lam (林奮強)
Founder of HKGolden50

12:00pm-1:00pm

Keynote Address (Social) + Q&A session

Ms. Mak Yin-Ting (麥燕庭)
Chairperson of Hong Kong Journalists Association

1:00pm-2:00pm

Lunch

2:00pm-3:00pm

Keynote Address (Legal-political) + Q&A session

The Hon. Andrew Li (李國能) , CBE, GBM, JP
1st Chief Justice of the Court of Final Appeal

3:00pm-4:45pm

Panel Session :

Does Hong Kong have to pay a price for playing an active role in China’s
development?

The Hon. Emily Lau Wai-hing (劉慧卿)
Legislative Council Member; Vice-Chairman of Democratic Party; Founding
Member of the Frontier.

The Hon. Alan Leong Kah-kit (梁家傑) , SC
Legislative Council Member; Vice-Chairman of Civic Party

The Hon. Lau Kong-wah (劉江華) , JP
Legislative Council Member; Vice-Chairman of Democratic Alliance for the
Betterment and progress of Hong Kong

4:45pm-5:30pm

Closing Address (4) + Q&A Session

The Hon. Leung Chun Ying (梁振英) , GBM, GBS, JP
Chief Executive of Hong Kong

5:30pm-6:00pm

closing

There will be seats reserved for SEYSA and our members. If you are
interested please simply fill in the sign-up form on our website
(http://www.seysa.org/news_events/conference/cuhkcas2012.php) on or before
11th Aug, 2012. We will process the registration in batch. The registration
fee for the conference is $25, we will send you the payment details once you
fill in the form.

For enquiry, please contact Miss Judy Tam at 9675 9712 or Mr Raymond Chan at
6295 7273.

We look forward to seeing you in this meaningful event!

Yours sincerely,

Raymond CHAN

Chairman

Youder since 2006

SEYSA has been founded since 1992 and is being run by a number of
enthusiastic fellow awardees of the SEYMF scholarships, in honour and in
memory of our late governor Sir Edward Youde.  For eighteen years, SEYSA has
taken in the SEYMF awardees as our members, and has been a platform
dedicated to the three “S” principles – Solidarity, Social Awareness and
Scholarship.  Through our activities, we aim at providing a wider horizon
for the young and passionate fellows to enhance their exposure. You may
visit our website at  <http://www.seysa.org/> www.seysa.org  for more
information.

PNG image

PNG image