[SeniorTech] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Carolyn Salerno <carlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seniortech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:37:13 -0700

For my email I use

AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.10.6/902

Rebecca Duncan wrote:

Hi!
My name is Becky (aka Rebecca). I am a middle school teacher. My husband is already retired, and I'm trying to decide how much longer to stick it out. I qualify for early retirement now, but I'm not sure I'm ready emotionally or financially. I've been a member of this listserv since its inception, but I haven't been doing anything but lurking. Now I have a question. My husband and I recently upgraded from our dialup Internet access to a wireless broadband connection. This faster service is increasing the number of sites we visit and the number of cookies and other more intrusive things we're picking up along the way. We have a free piece of software called Adware that will clear our computer of the things we don't want, but we are thinking it's time to upgrade to something that will block more of this junk. We can pay Adware to upgrade, and that would certainly be convenient, but I was wondering if any of the rest of you have any advice. What are you using to protect your home computer from Internet invaders? Thanks
Becky in Kansas